In the latest episode of The Bob Murphy Show, I let @wbmosler Warren Mosler explain MMT in his own words. It’s not a debate, I just let him take the time to lay it out as he sees it. I think both sides will gain from this.
2019 ots. 22
Ep. 18 Warren Mosler Defends the Essential Insights of Modern Monetary Theory (MMT)
Bob brings on MMT superstar Warren Mosler to explain–not to debate!–his understanding of Modern Monetary Theory. After summarizing Mosler’s interesting background, the two discuss the assumptions behind MMT and its implications for economic policy.
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Warren Mosler’s website.
- Warren’s definitive book, The Seven Deadly Innocent Frauds of Economic Policy.
- Warren’s policy proposals, in light of MMT.
- Other MMT proponents: Bill Mitchell, Stephanie Kelton, Randall Wray
- Murphy and Mosler debate Austrian vs. MMT.
- Bob’s critique of the MMT proposition that government deficits equal private “net saving.”
- The Mosler MT900 (sports car).
- The QE IV Ferry (designed by Mosler).
The sound engineer for this episode was Chris Williams. Learn more about his work at ChrisWilliamsAudio.com.