Ez omen bide dago ezker/eskuin desberdintasunik progreen artean…
Esan dezagun argi, garbi eta ozen: esker/eskuin ezberdintasunik badago egon, noski.
Hona hemen Europako ezkerraz hitz batzuk.
(i) When the left became lost – Part 11
(ii) Syriza must stay left of the line – more is at stake than Greece2
(Syrizak, oro har, bereak egin ditu. Hala ere, irakur Mitchell-en artikulua, ezkerrari dagokionez…)
(iii) There is still a meaningful left-right distinction3
“While it might be difficult to pin down what a left-wing position is, the following propositions appear obvious:
1. A left-wing government would not accept policies that worsened unemployment.
2. A left-wing government would not accept policies that made the material standard of living of the most disadvantaged citizens worse off.
3. A left-wing government would not attack social welfare programs, including old-age pensions, minimum wages and housing subsidies.
4. A left-wing government would not seek to reduce job protections.
5. A left-wing government would not agree to privatise essential services (power, transport etc).
On all those accounts, the Syriza government is acting as a right-wing force in Greek politics.”